/**/
5/10/2010

Monday Meanders 5-10

Two weeks ago I started out with a notion to introduce you to places I go to in the blogosphere. Not big places. Not wildly popular places. Places I find meaning. Places peopled by those I find of value - interesting - friendly - erudite. Last week I had a senior moment and COMPLETELY forgot that I was supposed to send you places on Monday. Today, I have my mind back in the right place and I remember.

My friend Fred is an artist and a retired Fund Manager from Ohio. Lately, he's on a bit about the CRA's (Credit Rating Agencies) - those organizations that sell the AAA bond ratings to the financial industry. But if you dig around and look through his stuff from last summer and fall, you can afford yourself a college level course on how the financial stuff all works, in plain and easy to understand English, for no cost. Except the time it takes to read his posts. Which are well worth the reading. His blog is Moneythoughts, and like I said - well worth the read.

On Saturday, The Inferno published the challenge called "The Floral". Go look. Leave comments. Of course, one of them is mine. But that shouldn't make any difference. Right?

We took Grannie out to breakfast yesterday, for Mother's Day. And my sons were there for their mother, as well. I love it when I can get all three boys together, in the same place, at the same time. Just makes my day. Even though it was Mother's Day.

Ndinombethe.

8 comments:

Jientje said...

I like how Fred writes about this complicated matter in understandable English. It is indeed, well worth the read!
I got to celebrate Mother's day with both my mother AND my daughter yesterday, and it was great!

Kelley @ magnetoboldtoo said...

heh, senior moment.

I have them all the time. I am having one right now...

Sage Ravenwood said...

There is an amazing contentment having an adult child stop whatever they're doing just for you. It's an honor in so many ways, with lives of their own they still desire to spend time with you. Even if it is a holiday. (Hugs)Indigo

Hockeymandad said...

Having all the boys together must have been great. It's why we have holidays in the first place, to bring people together.

Grandmother Mary said...

Write your blog and 3 books at the same time, photograph, paint, host writing challenges, surf and recommend good blogs, speak Italian- is there anything you don't do, Renaissance man? I'm in awe!

Holly said...

You're awesome, Lou! And when I see that you've left a comment on someone else's blog, it's always really funny or really touching.

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing the awesome read! Sounds like you had a great weekend :)

Gretchen said...

you done good, Lou.