/**/
5/01/2010

Happy Birthday, Oompa

Today, #2 Son is 26 years old. Gwalchmei sends birthday greetings - and he's glad for the day off in honor of the occasion.

Notice the name of the post? When #2 Son was a little boy, he was slightly oddly made - he had a long torso and these little short legs that made it a hoot to watch him play U5 soccer. His short legs stayed with him long enough to haunt him in his teenage years, and earned him the nickname 'Oompa', as in "Oompa Loompa' of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory fame. Even to this day, at 6'1" tall, he has a 30" inseam. The same as mine. And I'm 4 inches shorter than he is.
But he looks normal, now. Not so much when he was a kid.

He is my 'earth child'. He is my mechanically inclined son. He is my tinkerer and my wiring guy.

 

Happy Birthday, Oompa



Ndinombethe.

9 comments:

NicoleB, Egypt said...

What an awesome smile :D!
Happy birthday!
(And I like that nickname, even though it was maybe torture for him ;) )

Big Mark 243 said...

I agree with Nicole... that must have been a nickname to carry. But he doesn't seem to be any the worst for wear.

Happy Birthday #2!

Melisa Wells said...

Handsome young man you've got there! I hope he has a terrific birthday!

PattiKen said...

And he is an incredibly handsome guy! Must take after his dad. I wish him a very happy birthday!

Heather said...

Look at how handsome he is! He looks just LIKE you! Happy Birthday to Oompa! (hahahahhaa!)

xo

Myst_72 said...

Happy Birthday :)

Love the photo!!

G
xx

Tara R. said...

Happy Birthday to #2... he inherited his dad's good looks. He has an incredible smile, and he has your eyes.

Jientje said...

I'm way behind reading blogs.
Happy ( belated) birthday Oompa!

Mrs Lohman said...

I guess I am a very lucky lady! Such a hottie he is!