/**/
11/17/2009

And there were pictures

So after our little run down Lake Shore Drive early on Saturday morning, we parked the car near the Sheraton Hotel, where BlogHer had been in July, and went walkabout. And our first bit of walkabout took us up these stairs.


After a minute or two of walking with Jientje, and seeing how she works, you are struck with an immediate urge to get all artsy fartsy with your photography. Because you KNOW she's taking all these really great pictures and you KNOW you have to do SOMETHING to keep up because when her shots hit her blog - you're gonna look pretty plebian by comparison. Thus, the picture below ...


Yup. A very plebian photo of an outdoor metal and concrete staircase. Anyway, because I can at times be a tourist in my own town - and the darn thing IS brand new after all - after climbing the stairs we were greeted by this view of the Trump Tower.


And then, of course, I took another shot of Jientje, who was wondering how she was going to get a macro shot of THAT.


Okay, now this is where it's going to get a bit tricky. Notice, in the picture above, You see my shadow. I'm facing North, Jientje is more or less facing West, and behind her, out of frame to the right, is a large Condo building whose facing is glass. I turned around and moved into the shadows and took the picture below which shows the North wing of NBC Tower illuminated by reflections from the condo building we were standing next to.


I just thought it was cool.

All of these shots are SOOC - Straight Out Of Camera - no touch up or alteration of any kind.

I do love the Big Dawg.

Ndimonbethe.

p.s. Jientje flies home, with Ivan, her husband, today. Bon Voyage, Princess.

10 comments:

Shadow said...

isn't it great being a tourist in your own home town...

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

I do like the photo of the stairs, the shadow play with the straight lines and all that. Awesome, darlin'!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

It was a lovely weekend for a visit! How lucky for all of you. Glad you guys had such a good time.

Tara R. said...

The light play on the building really is lovely! Nice capture. I love serendipitous moments like that.

Unknown said...

How fun! I love your pictures. I saw your comment at SCary Mommy this morning and I came over to say hi! So glad I did! Always delighted to meet a new photographer!

Joyce-Anne said...

I like the shot of the steps, it's cool.

Unknown said...

It looks like you guys had a great walkabout! I'm sure she was very grateful to have your help maneuvering throughout the city!

Maggie's Mind said...

Been reading but lax on commenting. Sounds like you and Jientje had a great time! She is definitely on my list of bloggy pals I'd love to meet. Also love all the great shots.

Audubon Ron said...

Not necessary to get all competitive about it. She’s gonna kick your butt anyway.

Momisodes said...

You crack me up with your artsy fartsy photo comment. Looks like you all had a wonderful day and doing what you both do so well- taking photos :)

I adore the shadow shot.