/**/
11/05/2009

100 Word Challenge - Writ Large

What follows is in response to the 100 Word Challenge authored by the enormous talent called Velvet Verbosity. The phrase for this challenge is "Writ Large".

100 Word Challenge


Writ Large


"Go to the fountain and wait," he had said.
They had met years ago. They had dated, exclusively, ever since. But he was always so quiet, so taciturn. She was always guessing what was in his mind, because he never talked .. never opened up. That made it hard being with him. Never knowing where she stood. Always living with that gnawing fear he would leave, walk away.
Her cellphone vibrated in her hand. LOOK UP it said. She did, and all her fears melted away, once and for always. For up there, writ large across the sky ... was MARRY ME.

Ndinombethe.

18 comments:

Velvet Verbosity said...

Awwwww

Shadow said...

you're soooo romantic!

Mrs F with 4 said...

I never got a marriage proposal... sob....my mother told me to stop whining and be grateful someone would actually have me!

moneythoughts said...

Sweet!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Yep. You made me sniffle. Thanks. :)

Patsy said...

Is writ large even a real word? or just a play on words? Can you tell I'm struggling this week --- an idea might be forming.

You never disappoint though. I love the romance.

Expat No. 3699 said...

You romantic sap, you!

Ashlie- Mommycosm said...

Awww - so romantic!

Heather said...

you are so romantic, and i love it, lou.

it's perfection :)

Unknown said...

Have you considered a career at Zales in their television marketing department? ;)

Very sweet.

Sage Ravenwood said...

Wonderfully romantic! (Hugs)Indigo

Grandmother Mary said...

It's a fabulous story especially in light of the title. But, I was a psychiatric nurse for 35 years. Should I mention that if he never shared himself or opened up in the years of dating, he's not going to in their marriage either? Sorry to say...

Joyce-Anne said...

Are you this romantic in real life? Maybe you should consider writing a romance novel...

calicobebop said...

*swoon*

Damn, Lou - you need to teach a class! :)

Tara R. said...

Aw shucks... I knew you were a Southern Boy at heart.

Unknown said...

To all of you: You guys are great. I can't answer these comments - because all I'm going to do is say Thank You, over and over again.

I love you all - I truly do.

PattiKen said...

Are there really guys like you out there?

Momisodes said...

*melts*

If only all men were hopeless romantics like you.