/**/
2/18/2009

Wordless Wednesday - well, almost

UPDATE: For those of you who missed her, Velvetverbosity is back online - and I'm willing to bet that the 100 Word Challenge will be renewed real soon now.


Plein Air Painting in Trinidad


I have some work to do to string "One Knight's Story" together a bit better - I have to go back and flesh it out just a little bit so there is a clearer understanding of where he is and why he's there. That said, in Part 5 he makes a decision about his life and decides in favor of 'Home and Family'. However, this is where his story really begins - for now he must find a way to get home to England, alive. I don't know where this story is going to take him - but in the past he fought in support of the whim of the Pope, and now he will be fighting for his dream - a wife and child; a home. And he WILL fight his way home.

Ndinombethe. - "As I go, I am wearing you."

13 comments:

Jientje said...

Hmmm, that's exactly what I thought yesterday. He's not home just yet ...

Shadow said...

mmmm, i could lie there and write quite happily too....

moneythoughts said...

Gauguin never had it so good. All that is missing are a few topless women to paint against a tropic background, and you become the American Gauguin of the 21st century.

Anonymous said...

Remember, not all knights were so noble... I might soon be doing a research paper comparing the Knights Templar to the Mormon Danites.

Suzanne said...

Ahhh, that looks like quite the spot to while away the afternoon!

Joyce-Anne said...

Looks like a great time in a very relaxing and peaceful place.

witchypoo said...

Nothing better than some plein air painting with Nan!

Tara R. said...

ooohhh I can't wait for the next chapter. I love this genre.

You all look like you're relaxed and enjoying the lovely sunshine.

Holly said...

Cool, so did you get to do some painting while you were on vacation?

Nan Sheppard said...

That is a particularly attractive armpit, that!

Now *I* am trying to get to England alive too, but the passport office is trying to kill me. They are the infidel.

Momisodes said...

I had a feeling it would not be an easy road, but I'm guessing it will be an adventure.

Love the scenery and luscious green in this photo. Oh how I miss palm trees.

Unknown said...

Jientje: No - and the trouble starts right off the bat.

Shadow: She does look relaxed, eh?

Moneythoughts: No. I don't think the world is ready for me and a few topless women in the same place at the same time.

Loraine: No, I know they weren't. But MY Knight is not a member of a group.

Suzanne: It was. It IS!

Joyce-Anne: It was very relaxing. Witness Nan.

Witchypoo: Absolutely.

Tara R: We were very relaxed - and I'm so glad you're liking the story.

HollyATOM: Yes - although the paintings didn't do very well on the trip home. I'm going to re-paint both of them.

Nan: Yes, it is a lovely armpit. and so well shaven.

Momisodes: Me, too. Palm trees.

Theresa said...

Look! It's HOME!! Sigh.