/**/
9/23/2008

Great Bloggy Bling Orgy - Grand Finale

This is the promised Day 3 of the Great Bloggy Bling Orgy. The ONLY reason I'm still doing this is because I don't want to leave anyone out that I didn't include in the first two days. As it is, I'm still not going to be able to get to everybody I'd REALLY like to give something to, but with the Blogroll thing I'm working on, I'll be able to point people at everybody, at one time or another. And I will often be reminding people to pick one from the blogroll that they've never been to before, and drop by. Because I asked. Nicely.

Now - this time the rules are going to change, only because I (and certain other bloggers whom I love and respect and really don't want to piss off [kidding about the piss off thing]) have come to some conclusions about this process that have led to a cessation of Award giving in the future, for me.

The rule is simple. Give it to someone if you wish to. Don't give it to anybody if that's your wish. It is not my desire to inflict "Sophie's Choice" on anybody, any longer. So it's up to you.

This is, again, the third time I'm giving this one away:



To all of the following:

BendyGirl of BenefitScroungingScum. She fights Ehlers Danlos Syndrome every day, as does my wife - and the English Benefits System as necessary.

ConverseMomma of Ordinary Art. She is one of the most powerful writers I read.

Veronica of Lonely Roads and Psycho Paths. She, as well, another extremely powerful writer. And one of my story reviewers. UPDATE - Yes, her name REALLY is Veronica - not Jennifer as originally reported.

Eric of Ruminations of a Small Town Mountain Boy. He took part in David's Past Lives. He, too, is an excellent writer.

Employee No. 3669 of The Random Memorandum. Warm, witty, wise - and she lives 20 minutes away from me. We have not met yet. For coffee.

Holly of AnglophileFootballFanatic. An amazing woman for whom I have the utmost respect.

Holly of Tropic of Mom: Life at Latitude 26. Living life in paradise - or at least, nearby, in Florida.

Tranny Head of Law school sucks - and so do lawyers. Mother of Sumo (BIG boy toddler), third year law student whose husband is in Iraq. And somehow she holds it together.

Allison of Angelgal's Realm. A good Christian woman whose concerns are close to her home. And close to all of us, if you think about it.

Rebecca
of Ramblings By Reba. Excellent photogapher. We have boundaries set. Which I don't cross. Mostly.

Eve Grey of Shut My Mouth. Not a blog-every-day woman - but she's worth waiting for. She finishes this list. She is not least. She is not last. There is no rank among these people I have singled out. They are all excellent bloggers and worth your time - I know that they're worth mine.

There are more. They will show up in the Blogroll feature I am planning. And once in a while I will prompt you to poke around the blogroll. Look around for a blog you've never been to. And stop by and say "Hi!" And tell 'em, "Lou sent you".

27 comments:

Laski said...

Wow! You picked some real gems!

Thanks for some new reads as well.

I'm not gonna lie . . . the whole "orgy" in the title thing drew me in.

I'm the curious sort :)

Jientje said...

Oooohhh, I'm late!
Must have overslept! Oh dear!
Anyway, I'll pass on some of my "bling" as well today, and visit some of those gems you pointed out at us today!
I'm sure they're worth it!

Eric S. said...

Why thank you Lou, I must be humble though and point out that you are a far better writer than I. I just muddle my way through, and can't seem to carry a story as you do.

Myst_72 said...

Nice Lou!

Looking forward to the blogroll, you do read a lot don't you!

G
xx

Shadow said...

hey! just saying 'how you doing'. just saying 'looking forward to your feature'. just saying 'have a cool day out there dear louceel!!!'

Expat No. 3699 said...

OMG, I'm part of the orgy!

Thanks, Lou...and someday soon for coffee.

Patsy said...

Since reading random blogs is a new thing for me, I'm looking forward to dropping in on a few of these. You must spend the three hours I'm watching TV reading blogs. This makes me want a laptop just so I can multi-task. Laptop and TV --- blog roll and sitcoms --- that would be a winning combination. :) Have a good day.

witchypoo said...

Are you going to get that new dealio where you can import your feed reader to your blogroll? Nan has it, it rocks.

Michael said...

Thats the problem with a blogroll thing you will always leave someone out.
Yes Black Monday for us yesterday at The Lost World

Momisodes said...

What a fabulous list you've compiled once again! I am quite familiar with some of these blogs, but others are new :)

Can't wait to see the Blogroll feature. I'm quite curious!

KG said...

Awww .... shucks. *blush blush*

Thanks!

And yes - of course I rawck.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I can now admit to having been involved in an orgy - with TRANNY no less. She's going to LOVE this, Lou. Thanks for the very warm sentiment. You're pretty amazing yourself.

BenefitScroungingScum said...

Oooh, thank you Lou, BG x x

www.ayewonder.com said...

Lots of great reads here. Thanks again for my award, Lou.

Casdok said...

Wow what an orgy!
Sorry havent been up to posting, having a few issues with Cs home. But will be doing a post tomorrow!
C u there!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for linking my blog, Lonely Roads & Psycho Paths, Lou. I appreciate it. But who is Jennifer?

Joyce-Anne said...

Thank you for providing links to the blogs. I know it was somewhat of an undertaking but it's appreciated (especially since I can easily go and visit them).

Holly said...

Awww! Lou, you are so sweet. And not just for passing on this award to me.

Hey, I was curious about the Ehlers Danlos condition and looked it up. Very unusual. I'm sorry to hear your wife is affected by it.

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

You're so kind, Lou. Thanks!

ConverseMomma said...

It's an honor when someone I admire as a writer makes me blush and want to give thanks. I'm really glad I found your sight. You are such a true gentleman and inspiration.
Thanks again!

Eve Grey said...

Thank you so much Lou,
you are a real sweet heart and I am so glad to have connected with you. ☺

Crimzen Creative said...

I don't know how you get around so much :-) But this was great and you have a lot of work to do on the blogroll!

Unknown said...

Laskigal: Welcome. Curious, eh?

Jientje: Yes, they are worth it.

Eric S: You are a better writer than you think you are.

Myst_72: Yes, I do.

Shadow: I'm doin' fine. Thanks.

Employee: I look forward to it.

Patsy: I have the pattern from the bottom of my laptop cooked into my thighs.

Witchypoo: I have a friend writing some code for me.

Michael: Sorry about the job, man. I really am.

Sandy C: I'm curious, too. I wonder what she's doing.

Tranny Head: Yes, you do RAWK.

AFF: You and Tranny. Can I watch?

benefitscroungingscum: Bendy, you are special.

Aye wonder: You're welcome, Mike. You are one of the good guys.

Casdok: You're one I'm missing.

Veronica: Mistake rectified. No more blogging rummed up.

Joyce-Anne: Linky Love - the name of the game.

Holly ATOM: You're welcome. And yes, EDS is rather rare.

Rebecca: You're welcome, girl.

Conversemomma: Thank you.

Eve Grey: And I, you.

Lady Language: Yes. A lot of work. To be done by a friend.

Anonymous said...

So much fun looking around at new blogs. Thanks, Lou, for sharing more of your faves. You do a *lot* of reading. ;)

Unknown said...

Like all orgies...more women than men. Hmmmm.

Suzanne said...

Thanks for the list. It's great to get the stamp of a approval from a blogger you enjoy to go try another one.

Anonymous said...

Love the little blurb you gave everyone. Thanks for the giggle or two.