/**/
8/01/2008

Friday Haiku plus the nameless meme

Haiku Friday



Did I lose my way?
Did I choose poorly somewhere?
Is this the wrong path?

The written word calls
It beckons and entices
come hither, mister

but where would it lead?
take me to satisfaction?
or run to ruin?

starting point unclear
the path itself is disguised
end invisible

what do I need here?
"all things come to he who waits"
perhaps it's patience?



The Nameless or 'no name' meme:

What is your favorite quotable line from a Movie?

"People will come, Ray. People will most definitely come." James Earl Jones as Terence Mann in "Field of Dreams"

Who is the most famous person you have spoken to?

The Righteous Brothers. I met them in a elevator in a hotel in Las Vegas. I called the wrong guy 'Bobby'.

How many bags/boxes of Potato Chips are consumed at your place in a month?

5 or 6 big bags a month. Plus plenty of French Onion Dip. Regular and The thicker ridged ones - I'm having a brain fart and can't remember what they're called.

Who is your all time favorite Cartoon Character?


It's a toss up between Yosemite Sam and Foghorn Leghorn. Both of them are kind of over the top and blustery guys.

What foreign food dish do you prepare from scratch and serve?

Tacos. Don't laugh.

What is your favorite section of the Supermarket?


Beer and Wine aisle.

What was your high school teams mascot and what were the school's colors?

No mascot. The colors were blue and gold.

The RULES
1. Answer the above questions in a blog posting.
2. Identify the people who you are going to tag, and
3. Acknowledge who tagged you.

Rule 1. Done
Rule 2. I'm taggin' anybody who feels like it's been too long since they've done a meme.
Rule 3. I was tagged by neutron. Go get him.

Last but not least:

I'm thinking of keeping the story of The Kid alive, perhaps as a weekly or bi-weekly 'feature', in serial format. Maybe like every or every other Thursday. The problem is that the story would necessarily be fairly dark given where he winds up and the state he's in when he gets there. Do you want to read that kind of stuff once in a while? Like every week or every other week?

I am not skilled enough to figure out a poll in the next 10 mintes, so I'm going to ask you to reply in comments. The Kid - or something else - or just be normal.
You choose.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Foghorn Leghorn.

I used to work with a guy that I nicknamed that, because he was so loud and boisterous.

But he didn't know.

Nan Sheppard said...

How come warrior woman gets to be first? I gotta get up earlier.

I am beginning to learn that "Patience" never got anyone anything. It's TOOTH AND NAIL, dude!

Alice said...

I love Yosemite Sam and Foghorn Leghorn. Sam more because of the faux cursing he does. That was hugely popular with us when we were younger.

Expat No. 3699 said...

Loved your haiku!

Ruffles and Dean's French Onion dip! Yum.

Yes, yes, and yes to keeping the story of The Kid alive!

I won't be on here too much over the weekend, the sis is coming today, so hope you have a good one!

Toodles~

Did I use too many exclamation points?

Momisodes said...

Keep The Kid alive!!! Or something else you enjoy writing about. I love reading it :)

Very nicely done haiku.

Tacos??? Bahwhahahaha! (sorry)

Anonymous said...

I love the haiku. Patience is tough but sometimes worthwhile.

Tacos? OK, that works as long as you say what time lunch is, and I'll be there.

Keep the Kid stories!

Maddy said...

Hah! Normal! Perish the thought!

Are Tacos really foreign, I may have to tackle with you on that one.
Cheers

Unknown said...

Love the haiku, also loved learning more about you from the meme.
My haiku is @ Mama Bear Writes

Unknown said...

Soon you'll have another blog called NewAtWriting. But I vote to keep going with The Kid. Weekly or biweekly, whatever you want.

Now I'm craving chips. And dip!

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your haikus, Lou! You make me think and I appreciate that!

Eve Grey said...

I think they're called Ripples. And, french onion dip? Mmmmmmm

Kris said...

Foreign taco's? Did you know in Japanese that word means octopus? Or in Swahili it means... well... what's a nice way to put it? rear end? booty? bum... :-D As you can imagine many (many) jokes have been made over this already... (my fav was seeing soy taco's at the store)

Holly said...

I love Yosemite Sam! Ye varmint! ;)

Soge shirts said...

Nice I feel like grabbing some beer while watching some yosemite sam now.

Eric S. said...

You most definitely should keep the Kid stories alive. He is such an interesting and "lively" character.

"Tacos", sorry I laughed

Unknown said...

warriorwoman: I can imitate both of those characters perfectly.

nan: To do that 'Tooth and Nail' thing, one has to have confidence in their abiltiy.

alice: He never hit anything with his guns, either.

employee: I will keep him alive. That seems to be the concensus of opinion.

Sandy: You laugh at my linited culinary skills? I am cut to the quick.

maggies mind: I'm glad you liked my 'ku.

maddy: Most cooking is foreign to me, much less tacos.

sassy mama bear: I liked your 'ku a LOT.

eve grey: In the meantime my brain cleared - Ruffles. Ruffles have Ridges.

mama kalila: Well, there goes THAT one. What'll I cook now?

holly at tropic of mom: Me too. Varmint.

sogeshirtsguy: Don't forget the chips and dip.

eric s.: Yeah. Join the crowd. And I am going to keep The Kid alive.

Ndinombethe said...

Oh your haiku struck home today Lou! Love it. Think I chose poorly.

No patience. You need to grab it by the short and curlys :)

Favourite quotable line:

"Sanka yuh dead?" - Cool Runnings hee hee - ok truly it's...

‘What you feel only matters to you. It’s what you do to the people you say you love that matters; that’s the only thing that counts.’ – The Last Kiss

Most famous person:

Mick Jagger - went to a fancy dress new years day party he has on a beach in Mustique for charity... he has a diamond in his front tooth. I was in awe...

moneythoughts said...

I agree "The Kid" should be kept alive.

As for patience, I think for some of us it comes with age. When doing art work, it is good to have patience. For me the journey is as much fun as the destination.

"What we have here is failure to communicate." Cool Hand Luke

I spoke to Jackie Robinson when I was ten years old at Crosley Field. He gave me his autograph and I had to answer a lot of his questions. I have met other famous people as a adult, but Jackie was the best.

Anonymous said...

Have thee writer's block? Or is it something else?

Anonymous said...

I vote for the Kid.

Shadow said...

nice haiku!

the planet of janet said...

i'm totally in favor of the kid!!!

neutron said...

You've met the righteous brothers?!! Way cool.

I think you should definitely keep The Kid alive. Also, blogger has a built-in poll thingy majiggy.

Crimzen Creative said...

I love memes because you get to learn something new about the blogger. Next time you make tacos, add a pic :-) And I am catching up on the kid posts but I think you should stick with it and I like The Kid, personally.