/**/
1/27/2008

Sunday's good boy

See? I told ya'.

First of all, I need to modify rule 1 - which is blog first, comment later. It has become obvious that I left something out. The rule SHOULD be (and will be) Moderate first, Blog second, and Comment later. So the new TLA (Three Letter Acromyn - made famous by computer geeks) is MBC. So. I have M'ed. Now I must B. Kinda gives new meaning to " To B ot Not to B ". Is that a question?

Part of the reason I didn't have time to really sit down and do my blogging job yesterday was Zach. He is taking a photography course this sememster. And part of his coursework is going out and taking pictures. Given my life-long devotion to photography and photographic processes, I feel it is only right and proper that I should help him as much as I can.

This course is using film - not digital - cameras. Black and White film, at that. And they're teaching photography as an Art. Because photography IS an Art. Anyway, I gave him my 'antique' Konica T4 and several lenses to use for his class. I bought this particular camera in 1978, not long after Annie and I were first married. It still is a fine camera and the Hexanon lenses that Konica made were among the best lenses ever made for 35mm SLR cameras.

Anyway I went out with him yesterday, shooting pictures. It was special. We were able to interact on a level that I don't ever remember getting to with him before.
He has a unique 'eye'. I am anxious to see how the stuff he shot turns out. I have to wait because they develop the film in class as part of the learning process - I can't just take his film to the 1 hour and get it done. But I saw what he was shooting. It should be interesting to see the prints.

Part of the reason I didn't do my blogging job yesterday was the time it takes. The number of blogs I have subscribed to has grown to the point that it takes me almost an hour just to go through the blogs and make the necessary comments (I mean, comments are necessary, right?). So it is hard to isolate a two hour block of time to do the blogging on a busy day like yesterday.

Today, fortunately, is another day.

8 comments:

Momisodes said...

I hear you. The reading and commenting is killer compared to the actual blogging itself sometimes. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with Zach in a day full of photography! Way more fun than blogging :) I hope the pics turn out great...I'm sure you're both anxiously awaiting the results :)

Elizabeth said...

I just love black and white photography! I think it captures so much more than color film. It's hard to explain!

I think that almost any Beatles song is worth turning playing loud! :)

Marita said...

Photography is so fantastic. We've let Annie play with an old digital camera to take photo's. Her kindergarten teacher suggested it as a way for Annie to learn her place in the community.

I hear you about the blogging comments. I've got exactly 100 blogs in my reader now and I'm trying not to add more but there are so many fantastic blogs out there.

VV said...

I lost my internet connection when I just tried to post a comment. So, if this one is a dupe, you can delete it.

Essentially, I was empathizing with you on the blog subscription front. It can take a lot of time, and I started to feel like it was too much time. So now I check only my favorite favorites every day, and even those I might skip for a couple of days. It's impossible to keep up on a daily basis.

I also started using a feed aggregator (my favorite is Netvibes) so that I could see when people had made updates and get a brief synopsis of the post without visiting each and every blog.

Anyway, I just hope you don't drop me ;).

As for the photography outing, what a great bonding opportunity! Rare and precious gifts they are.

Anonymous said...

First off, don't stress yourself about commenting too much.
In between I got to the point where I started dreaming about blogging and commenting ;)

Second "when we were first married"
????
Have you two been married more than once?
(Sorry, couldn't resist :P )

And third, that's great that you could find a new lane to "communicate" with Zach!
And I think it's wonderful that he loves Photography too and has the chance to study it in school AND has a Dad that knows so much about it AND can lend him the equipment.
Love it and am happy for you two!
:)!

Anonymous said...

First off, don't stress yourself about commenting too much.
In between I got to the point where I started dreaming about blogging and commenting ;)

Second "when we were first married"
????
Have you two been married more than once?
(Sorry, couldn't resist :P )

And third, that's great that you could find a new lane to "communicate" with Zach!
And I think it's wonderful that he loves Photography too and has the chance to study it in school AND has a Dad that knows so much about it AND can lend him the equipment.
Love it and am happy for you two!
:)!

(I didn't get the message that the comment was saved for moderation, so I post it again - sorry if it ends up double...)

Anonymous said...

Being an involved, proud papa sounds like something you do naturally. It always comes first :)

We'll still be here when you get back xox

Anonymous said...

Only an hour? Takes me at least 2 just to go through the people that have commented on my blog! Then there is the poorly neglected feed reader...

Need to quit my job and read blogs full time. You reckon I could get paid to do that??? ;)

I hope you will get permission to show us the photos, I would love to see them.