In the spirit of the season, Mom, over at If Mom Says OK is the hostess with the mostess with this fabulous quasi-giveaway. The Giveaway part actually comes from you, and you, and you.
The Rules, such as they are, are Really. Quite. Simple:
1. Be one of the first three bloggers to leave a comment on this post, where the first word in the comment is "Yes". By saying "Yes" as the first word, you signify you want to participate in this giveaway. Being one of the first three to say "Yes" will then entitle you to a handmade item from ME! In this case, I will create a 6X6 painting, framed, for each of the three winners. (I’m stoked about being one of Mom's first three ~ handmade jewelry will adorn SWMBO's body - suh-weet!!)
2. Winners must post this challenge on your blog, meaning that you then must Pay It Forward, creating a handmade gift for the first three bloggers (or the first three who say "Yes") who leave a comment on YOUR post about this giveaway!
3. The gift that you send to your Three Friends can be from any price range and you have 365 days to make/ship your item. This means you should be willing to maintain your blog at least until you receive your gift and have shipped your gifts. And, remember: It’s the Spirit and the Thought That Count!
4. When you receive your gift, please feel free to blog about it, sharing appropriate Linky Love!
5. If you are not one of the Top Three Commentors on Today’s Post, you’re still a Winner in this Time of Grace and Giving. Please take this Symbol of the Seasonal Spirit and post it on your blog; start your own Pay It Forward Chain, and encourage your Bloggy Friends to do the same!
As you all know, I no longer participate in awards. It's a choice. And I made it. This, however, is not an 'Award'. I thought this idea was interesting. But I had to change it, just a little, to better suit my sensibilities. You see, on Mom's site, the first three commenters won. I have altered this just a bit, because not everyone has the capacity, talent or desire to create a handmade gift and I didn't want to create pressure on ANYBODY to participate should they not feel the urge. So you have to be one of the first three to say you want to. That's all. Just say "Yes". (It seems I've been saying that to women, with varying degrees of success, all my life.)
And now - I ask that we do our traffic building exercise for Zoeyjane - read the next paragraph and click away, my Darlings.
Zoeyjane of Mommy is Moody is DOING something. She is donating all the revenue from her advertisements on her site, for this month, to To Write Love On Her Arms. Go to Zoeyjane's site and read This Post. She gets paid by 'Impressions'. Just going there helps. Click on her ads - and help more. Click through to To Write Love On Her Arms and see what they do. Just doing that will help, too. This paragraph is going to appear at the end of each post, each day until the end of the month. As a reminder. Just click through. And help. Save the women and men and boys and girls that don't need to live without love, that don't need to suffer addiction and depression, that don't need to die.